Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Masters of Seduction, by Marsha Canham, Virginia Henley, Jacquie D’Alessandro, Jill Gregory, Sherri Browning Erwin, and Julie Ortolon


What would you do if you had your heart's desire revealed to you in a vision?  Follow the story of a mystical mirrored brooch as it travels through time, and the stories of six different women.  Each woman sees a vision of what she truly desires, but how many of them will have the courage to actually seek it out?

With a title like Masters of Seduction, and a chiseled man on the cover, this book made me a little nervous.  I tend to shy away from explicit romance novels, but I decided to take a gamble with this book.  Well, lo and behold, I hit the jackpot.  This books is amazing, pure and simple.  Each of the six authors in this short story anthology write a beautiful story, with vivid characters.  The stories were dreamy and romantic, passionate and steamy, but never crossing over into trashy or smutty as so many romance stories are apt to do.  Most of the stories are historical romances, following the mirror from its ancient roots to more modern times.  One story is a contemporary paranormal romance, and one is just a contemporary story.  But the stories are woven together in this anthology to reveal the bigger story and mythology of the mirror itself.

For short stories, the character development was exceptional.  The historical romances, in particular, really lept from the page in terms of vivid characters and setting.  I think romance fans will love this book.  I really liked the fact that it gave me a taste of some new romance writers, ones I am sure to revisit in the future.

I received a review copy courtesy of one of the authors.



If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment