Saturday, December 10, 2011

Addicted to Love, by C.J. West


Wes thought he was going to get away for some quiet soul searching.  Instead he finds himself immersed in a passionate love affair, and trying to solve a murder as the new (temporary) sheriff in town.  It appears the previous sheriff was murdered by his own wife, and while Wes tries to untangle the crime details, he realizes something quite peculiar is going on in town.

Oh my goodness, this book had me so hooked.  The storyline unfolds in a way that is pretty fast paced; the reader learns way before the end what is going on, and who is doing it, but the ending is still really riveting.  I loved the plot of this book, and found it to be really unique and creative.  I thought the book had just the right about of romance, sexuality, thrills, mystery, and just plain crazy to make it appeal to a lot of different readers.

I thought the male characters were a bit more developed than the female characters, which is fitting and makes sense, since this story is really about the men in town.  Men will do pretty desperate things sometimes, and I think the men in this story personify that, right up to the last word.

Fans of mysteries and thrillers will really enjoy this book, but I think it could also appeal to other readers as well.  It reminded me a bit of a sexier Stepford wife type of story, and I found I just could not put it down.

I received a review copy courtesy of the author.



If you liked this review, please rate it (and others!) as helpful on my Amazon profile. My Amazon Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment