Tuesday, June 28, 2011

(Just like) El Cid's Bloomers, by Tim Roux

(Just like) El Cid's Bloomers: A romantic comedyJake is an estate agent by day, local rock star by night.  When his wife kicks him out of their home, he takes up with a teenage groupie named Jade.  While not exactly happy with his life, he is.... making due.  But when Jade announces she is pregnant, his wife decides she might want him back, and a record label just might want to make him a star, his meager existence is turned on its head.

Tim Roux has woven a delightful tale of rock and roll, and I loved every minute of it.  I loved Jake's story, both learning about his present situation, and the past that led up to it.  I felt like the characters in this book were real and very relatable.

The book was very funny, but it was a wry, snarky sense of humor (my favorite kind), so some readers may have a difficult time relating at first.  As an American, I did not get all of the British references in the book, but that did not in any way detract from my enjoyment of the book.  All in all, I found the book incredibly entertaining.  Anyone who loves rock and roll is sure to feel the same.



I received a review copy of the book courtesy of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment