Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Terrorlord: Jason Dark Volume 9, by Guido Henkel

Terrorlord (Jason Dark - Ghost Hunter)Jason Dark and friends are at it again, and this time, those friends are vital to Dark's survival.  As a child, Dark was almost killed when the Terrorlord tried to use him as a force to open the seven gates of hell.  Dark thought his father successfully killed the Terrorlord, but it appears now he is back, and Dark is once again targeted.  What will happen if Dark can't save the day?  Who will win him back from the Terrorlord?

When I was given the opportunity to read and review another Jason Dark book, I let out a squeal.  It is at the point where I know before reading another Dark novella that I am going to love it.  Terrorlord has proved this theory to be completely true.  Once again, Henkel feeds us morsels of Dark's history, making us feel even more connected to the character, and leaving us wanting to know more.

I love the fact that Dark really relies on his friends in this volume, as it gets us to know them even better, and allows us a further glimpse into the motivations of the characters.  While all the Dark books thrill me, this once actually scared me a bit.  I was worried for Dark, which means I care about his character, the mark of brilliant writing.  This tome is quite a bit darker, much like Volume 8, and I have to say, I am enjoying the darker side of Dark's life.

In summary, Henkel never ever disappoints when it comes to the Jason Dark fan.  And as I said before, I am a fan for life.

A review copy of this book was provided by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment