Wednesday, April 14, 2010

For Every Dog an Angel, by Christine Davis

This is a lovely little book about dogs, and how every dog is granted a guardian angel. The angel follows the dog through its life, and when a dog finds its forever owner, the angel forges a bridge between the two that can never be broken, not even by death.

As a new dog owner, I am a bit of a sucker for anything dog related right now. When I saw this book at the library, I was intrigued. It is a short read, so I decided to bring it home and look it over. I actually ended up reading it to my dog. The book is a wonderful little inspirational book about the journey a pet owner takes with their dog, and the heavenly guidance they receive along the way.

It is a perfect book for new pet owners, like me, to help them forge a bond with their pet, even under trying circumstances, like puppy tantrums and potty training. It is also a very comforting book for someone who recently suffered the loss if the pet. Because of the gentle nature and beautiful illustrations, also done by Christine Davis, this would be the perfect book to help explain the loss of a dog to a child who has never dealt with death.

The book is touching, and sweet, and evokes memories of the pets that have passed on. I will just say, a few tears were shed in my household the day this book was read. And you can bet that both our pets received some extra hugs and kisses.

The publisher, Lighthearted Press, specializes in books for animal lovers, and receives high praises from many veterinarians, who use the books to comfort their clients when a pet passes on.

I highly recommend this book to any and every dog owner. It will help you understand how special you relationship with your dig really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment